The clientele of the Centre are people living in the community who are experiencing emotional and psychological difficulties related to a specific problem (e.g. isolation, life transitions, abuse, loss, mental illness, etc.). Individuals participate in our services on a short, mid or long term basis, depending on their specific needs, and with the objective of resolving difficulties, fostering insight and coping skills, avoiding hospitalisation, as well as building autonomy and self-esteem.
People who seek our services need to demonstrate a capacity for, or an openness to work on developing the following:
- Introspection and insight
- Listening skills
- Sharing of ideas and emotions
- Sharing of therapeutic space with others
- Tolerance of uncomfortable emotions and/or situations
- Establishing a trusting relationship with a mental health professional and others
- Receiving verbal and non-verbal feedback.