TYPE OF THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
the theme of sexual
Individual: Diverse Modalities are offered: Individual art therapy counseling drama
of the Therapy:
To assist a person to better equip him or herself in order to resolve their difficulties, better face their situation, avoid
hospitalization, as well as build autonomy and self-esteem.
Note: No referral is required. All services (Evaluation Interview, participation, visit to the
Centre) are by appointment only.
Monday to Friday. The schedule and diversity of services are offered according to the human and financial resources available. A member of the Centre’s team will be able to inform you of the availabilities when you make your service request by completing the
A member can participate in one (1) service at a
time at the Centre.
Duration: 2 hours for groups and 1
hour for individual sessions.
in the Fall (September, October or
November) and concludes at the end of
Spring of the following year (April, May
Run for approximately 6 to 9 months, except for the
long-term groups that are offered throughout the year.
This service can begin at any time of the year. A maximum of 20 consecutive sessions are offered..
Group and individual services offered by students are of a variable duration according to the practicum agreement and the availability of the student, or according to the student employment program.
The services are free. A nominal yearly administrative fee (membership card) is payable upon participation only.
- Adults must be between 18 and 65 years of age inclusively;
- Be living with psychological and emotional difficulties associated to a specific problem (ex.: isolation, life transitions, abuse, loss, psychiatric malaise, etc.);
- Reside on the territory of Greater Montreal and surrounding areas;
- Demonstrate a capacity for, or an openness to work on developing the following:
- Introspection and
- Listening skills
- Sharing of ideas and emotions
- Sharing of therapeutic space with others
- Receiving verbal and non-verbal feedback
- Tolerance of uncomfortable emotions and/or situations
- Establishing a trusting relationship with a mental health professional and others.
TO THE CENTRE
Our facilities are not wheel chair accessible.
TO MAKE A REQUEST FOR A SERVICE
The person who is interested in participating in the Centre’s services must:
Make the request him or herself:
1. By consulting
Our Therapies in order to select waiting list preferences (maximum 2);
2. By completing the
Registration Form on line; or
Calling the Centre at 514-368-3736:
1. To obtain information;
2. To communicate waiting list preferences (maximum 2).
Complete a questionnaire with a Clinical Worker of the Centre by telephone, in order to determine whether the services at the Centre are appropriate for his or her needs and to discuss waiting list choices. The telephone Intake takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
here for printable version.